mardi 28 juin 2016

Loading HTML from localStorage breaks function of a button

I save a part of my HTML (div class="savage") in localStorage and retrieve it when the page is refreshed. The HTML in question is a text-box for input with and "add new item" button and an unordered list of items with "delete" buttons and checkboxes. After I add a few items to my list and refresh the page, the list gets loaded correctly but I can't use the add button anymore. I can click on it but nothing happens and it won't append new items to the list. If anyone can tell me what I did wrong or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

HTML

<div class="savage">
   <h1>List of exercises to do today </h1>
   <h2> My workout <span id="counter"></span></h2>
       <form><input type="text" id="new-text"/></form><button id="add">Add</button>
           <ul id="mylist">
              <li> <input type="checkbox" class="done"/>figs<button    class="delete">delete</button></li>
              <li><input type="checkbox" class="done"/>pine nuts<button  class="delete">delete</button></li>
           </ul>
</div>

And JQUERY

window.onload = function() {
    if(localStorage.getItem('peterslist')) {
    $('.savage').html(localStorage.getItem('peterslist'));
}
};

function updateStorage() {
    var peterslist = $('.savage').html();
    localStorage.setItem('peterslist', peterslist);
}

BUTTON EVENT HANDLER

$(function(){

  $("#add").on('click', addListItem);
  $(document).on('click', '.delete', deleteitem);
  $(document).on('click', '.done', finishItem);

});

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire